Adv. Emergency Medical Technician
For certified EMTs, WNC offers training for career advancement. Students will learn to incorporate knowledge of basic and advanced emergency medical care for critically ill and emergent patients to reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with acute out-of-hospital medical and traumatic emergencies.
- EMT/AEMT learning activities are scheduled on and o campus on days, evenings and weekends.
- Course organization requires students to have basic computer skills, including the ability to navigate various online learning programs.
- Clinical experiences take place at acute care hospitals, clinics and other medical facilities.
- Field experience takes place on an ALS ambulance or ALS/ILS Fire Department Engine/Rescue under the direct supervision of a preceptor.
- Documentation and currency of the following is required prior to acceptance into the
EMS 108 and/or EMS 115 courses:
- An acceptable physical examination and required immunizations and tests.
- Current CPR certication American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Major medical health insurance (card required).
- An acceptable background check.
*For EMS 115 an EMT Nevada State Certification IS required. National Registry Certification will not be accepted.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with professional and employer expectations of an entry-level EMT/AEMT.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all skills necessary to fulfill the role of an entry-level EMT/AEMT.
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend, evaluate and apply information relative to the role of an entry-level EMT/AEMT.