Emergency Medical Services
EMS 100 Basic Life Support CPR, EMS 108 EMT Training, and EMS 115 Advanced EMT. EMS courses are offered in a sequential series to prepare individuals with the knowledge and skills to assess and care for patients in an emergency or in an out-of-hospital setting. Completion of selected courses is designed to prepare students to take the National Registry Examination for EMT-Basic and the appropriate Nevada EMS certification examination for Advanced EMT.
EMS 108 and EMS 115 are designed to meet the National Standard Curriculum published by the United States Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- EMT/AEMT learning activities are scheduled on and o campus on days, evenings and weekends.
- Course organization requires students to have basic computer skills, including the ability to navigate various online learning programs.
- Clinical experiences take place at acute care hospitals, clinics and other medical facilities.
- Field experience takes place on an ALS ambulance or ALS/ILS Fire Department Engine/Rescue under the direct supervision of a preceptor.
- Documentation and currency of the following is required prior to acceptance into the
EMS 108 and/or EMS 115 courses:
- An acceptable physical examination and required immunizations and tests.
- Current CPR certication American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Major medical health insurance (card required).
- An acceptable background check.
*For EMS 115 an EMT Nevada State Certification IS required. National Registry Certification will not be accepted.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with professional and employer expectations of an entry-level EMT/AEMT.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all skills necessary to fulfill the role of an entry-level EMT/AEMT.
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend, evaluate and apply information relative to the role of an entry-level EMT/AEMT.
Questions? Contact Us.
2201 West College Parkway, Carson City, NV 89703