Learning through Canvas
Connect with other WNC students in the WNC Experience Course on your Canvas Dashboard
Student Canvas Introduction Course https://wnc.instructure.com/courses/2613420
Contact the Library reference desk by email (email@example.com) or by phone (775-445-3229).
Please refer to the Dini Library homepage for coaching times and availability: https://library.wnc.edu/
The Student Relations Officer is available to help students at Western Nevada College with issues that may impact the college experience. Examples include:
- Safety concerns
- Issues with an instructor or other staff member or WNC department
- Concerns regarding behavior of another student
The Student Relations Officer also deals with student conduct.
Students experiencing any issue or would like information or assistance may contact the WNC Student Relations Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 775-580-4355.
As of July 1, 2021, the Western Nevada College bookstore will transition to a new vendor, Textbook Brokers.
Campus Maps and Locations
Need help finding your class? You can take the virtual tour or view PDFs of campus buildings with room numbers.
For listings of on-campus and tutoring opportunities for students of Western Nevada College please visit our Student Employment page.
Maintaining your Mental Health
You might find these tips helpful.
- Set a Media Diet. You have the power to control how much news you are watching.
- Establish a Routine. Even though you are learning from home, that doesn't mean that all routine should go out the window. Get up at your usual time, keep your meal schedule, keep your workout on track. Build in breaks and make time to get outdoors.
- Stay Connected. Social distancing means we wont be seeing those who are important to us. Pick up the phone, FaceTime or use other technology to stay in touch with your people.
Mental Health Resources
Utilize Advising services: WNCs Advising Office can be a first referral for students dealing with mental health issues, providing a comprehensive list of resources in order to arrange additional help. Phone 775-445-3267, email email@example.com