How do I apply for admission?

At WNC our application for admission is online. Click on Apply at the top of any website page.

How do I get my WNC transcripts or send them to another school or employer?

Official Transcripts

All students may order official transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse for $5.10 per transcript plus a $2.90 handling fee.  A credit card and email address are required. Students who are sending transcripts to colleges within the Nevada System of Higher Education (UNR, UNLV, TMCC, GBC, CSN, NSC) are not charged a fee to send an electronic transcript.

Unofficial Transcripts

Current students or any student with an active myWNC account may access an unofficial transcript free of charge through myWNC.

Learn More about Transcripts

How do I get my credits evaluated for transfer?

Degree/certificate seeking students need to have official copies of transcripts from other schools, and/or from testing or other training sources, sent directly to WNC Admissions and Records.  They also need to submit a Petition for Transfer Credit Evaluation form.

Allow up to 2-4 weeks for the evaluation to be processed after transcripts are received. When a transfer credit evaluation is completed, an email will be sent to the student, who will be able to view their transfer credit in myWNC and run a degree audit report to determine how transfer credits apply toward their intended degree or certificate program.

What are prerequisites and how do they affect class registration?

A prerequisite is a condition of enrollment that a student is required to meet in order to demonstrate readiness for enrollment in a course or program. A prerequisite course must be completed successfully to enroll in the course which follows.

Students currently enrolled at WNC in a class that fulfills a prerequisite may enroll in the subsequent class. If the prerequisite class is not successfully completed, the student may be dropped from the subsequent class that required the prerequisite.

Students should check the Course Catalog to ensure they have met the prerequisites for the classes they intend to enroll in; it is the students responsibility to ensure that prerequisites are met.

For further assistance, contact Admissions and Records or Academic Advising.

How do I change my residency?

There are a number of factors used to determine residency.  Information and applications to change residency status may be found online under Forms & Downloads.

What is Academic Probation?

Degree/certificate seeking students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.  Students who do not meet this requirement will be placed on academic probation and will need to meet with a counselor to in order to register for classes.

What are the Payment Deadlines and Drop Dates?

Pertinent dates and deadlines can be found on our Fees and Deadlines page. Or on our Academic Calendar.  You may add important dates to your calendar.

How do I login to myWNC, Canvas or campus WiFi, and how do I change my password?

All active students have a WNC Anywhere account to access myWNC, Canvas, wireless internet, the library and the library's research databases.

Students use their student ID number with a W in front of it as their login.  New students will receive an activation code and can go to to activate their accounts and create a password, or to receive a new activation code.

Once activated, students who forgot their password or find their current password is not working can visit help for a password reset.  If this link does not work, students may visit Admission and Records on the Carson City campus, or the main office on the Fallon campus, or call 775-445-3277 for assistance.

How do I apply for graduation?

Each student seeking a degree or a certificate of achievement is required to submit an Application for Graduation to Admission and Records with a $25 payment receipt. Students enrolled in their last required class(es) should apply at the beginning of that semester.

Application Deadlines

Fall Semester: November 1

Spring Semester: March 1

Summer Semester: June 15

Apply for Graduation