Policy 8-3-1: Email
|Policy:||Policy 8-3-1: Email||Date Adopted:||Jan 23, 2003|
|Statement:||The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance to all users of the Western Nevada College (WNC) email system. This policy deals specifically with WNC, however, is supplemental to, and consistent with, the overall NSHE Computing Resources Policy located in the Board of Regents Handbook, Title 4, Chapter 1, 22.|
Table of Contents:
- Appropriate Use
- Inappropriate Use
Section 1: Appropriate Use
- Western Nevada College email is intended for purposes of, and in support of college related business.
- Accounts are granted only to those with a documented affiliation with WNC.
- A WNC account given to faculty and staff is only for the use of the person to whom it is given.
- All announcements via the WNC College maintained email lists must be transmitted utilizing the Bcc (Blind carbon copy) method.
Section 2: Inappropriate Use
- It is not appropriate to use the WNC e-mail system for any purpose that violates NSHE Code, or federal, or state laws and/or regulations.
- It is not appropriate to use the WNC e-mail system that results either directly or
indirectly in interference or disruption to user e-mail services or equipment. Such
inappropriate uses include, but are not limited to:
- Distribution of unsolicited advertising or chain letters.
- Conducting non WNC or personal commercial transactions.
- Propagation of computer malware.
- Allowing others to use your email or email password.
Section 3: Scope
- This policy applies to all users of the WNC system.
Section 4: Enforcement
- The WNC employee will be notified of each complaint filed.
- Upon receipt of the third (3rd) complaint within a fiscal year, the employees Supervisor will be informed.
|Date(s) Revised||November 7, 2017; September 2, 2008; May 11, 2004;||Date(s) Reviewed|
|NSHE Code(s)||Title 4, Chapter 1, 22||NRS Code(s)||NAC Code(s)|
|Code Statement||NSHE Board of Regents' Meeting Minutes: 6/99|
*Please note: that not all WNC Policies will be referenced in these documents.
NSHE Board of Regents Handbook
Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS)
Nevada Administrative Code (NAC)