||Policy 7-6-1: Computer Loan
||Jun 13, 1995
||Western Nevada College employees may be eligible for a computer loan based on the
eligibility as listed.
Section 1: Approval of Loan
- The approval of a computer loan to any eligible employee is at the discretion of WNC.
- The final decision of granting or not granting this loan may not be appealed or grieved
by the employee.
Section 2: Eligibility
- Employees hired after June 30, 2023 are not eligible for a computer loan.
- Computer loans are available to professional and classified employees who are .50
FTE or greater and have an ongoing funding source.
- The employee must be employed with WNC for one year or more and have received a satisfactory
or above on his/her last evaluation.
- The supervisor must complete the Letter of Eligibility form recommending approval
or denial of the loan. If the supervisor has reason to believe there could be a risk
of non-repayment, he or she may recommend that the loan be denied.
- Employees will not be eligible for additional loans for a period of three years from
the last loan date.
Section 3: Loan Request List
- Eligible employees should complete a Request for Computer Loan form and submit it
to the WNC Controllers Office.
- The loan request list is maintained on a first come first serve basis.
- The employee will be notified when he or she reaches the top of the list, and will
have a maximum of 30 days to make the computer purchase and complete the required
- Should the employee not be ready to make the computer purchase within the specified
time frame, his or her name will be removed from the list, and he or she will need
- Exchanging positions with another person is not permitted.
Section 4: Terms
- The employee agrees to abide by all terms and conditions listed on the promissory
- Maximum loan amount is $1,500 or the purchase price whichever is less. The loan may
be applied to the purchase of both hardware and software.
- Only one computer per loan may be in effect at any time.
- The computer loan is interest free.
- The repayment period will be by payroll deduction and be as follows:
- Professionals 12 month repayment period; monthly deductions.
- Classified 18 month repayment period; bi-weekly deductions.
- The loan amount is a legal debt and obligation to the college.
- If an employee resigns or is terminated from the college, the repayment agreement
will remian in effect with payments to be remitted to the Controller's Office in accordance
with the repayment terms.
- Any amount owed upon separation of the employee will be subject to interest at the
maximum legal rate.
- The loan balance, plus applicable interest, may be sent to collections if repayment
has not been made more than 60 days after the employee separation. Fees incurred by
the college as part of the collection process will also be included in the total amount
owed by the employee.
Section 5: Contact
- WNC Controllers Office
||October 6, 2023; September 2, 2008; May 11, 2004; December 18, 2001;