Policy 5-1-3: Interlibrary Loan
|Policy:||Policy 5-1-3: Interlibrary Loan||Date Adopted:||May 11, 2004|
|Department:||Library & Media Services||Contact:||Director|
|Statement:||Parameters and eligibility for borrowing materials from other libraries. Inter-library loan is a service whereby a user of one library can borrow books or receive photocopies of documents that are owned by another library. Its purpose is to obtain material not available in the user's local library.|
Table of Contents:
- Borrowing Materials
- Lending Materials
Section 1: Borrowing Materials
- In requesting materials from Inter-Library Loan (ILL), please note:
- Interlibrary Loan is a service provided only to current WNC students, staff and faculty.
- Patrons must have a current library card to request materials through ILL.
- WNC will not borrow materials that are already in our collection.
- WNC will not borrow materials from local libraries.
- Materials borrowed through WNC must be returned to WNC by the due date. They are lent as a courtesy and must be returned to the lending library on time.
- Materials borrowed through ILL will not be placed on reserve.
- Materials may be renewed at the discretion of the lending library. The lending library determines the length of the loan period, options for renewal and any restrictions on use. Requests for renewals must be made before the due date. Borrowers must adhere to any conditions placed by the lender. Services may be refused to those who have failed to comply with the above conditions.
- WNC Library does not limit borrowing, however if a large number of items need to be located and/or borrowed please contact a staff member before submitting any requests.
- Students, faculty and staff may borrow up to three (3) items at a time from in-state libraries and may request additional materials as soon as the current loans are returned. Faculty may borrow materials from out-of-state libraries with all costs being borne by the borrower.
- Library & Media Services will not place Inter-Library Loan (ILL) requests for students during semester breaks.
Section 2: Lending Materials
- Any library may borrow circulating WNC books for their users.
- Libraries in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) may borrow circulating WNC video and audio items for their patrons.
- Video and audio items will not be loaned to public libraries.
|Date(s) Revised||November 4, 2014; December 9, 2008; September 2, 2008;||Date(s) Reviewed|