Policy 4-5-2-1: Administrative Faculty Evaluations
|Policy:||Policy 4-5-2-1: Administrative Faculty Evaluations||Date Adopted:||Sep 23, 2003|
|Department:||Human Resources||Contact:||Vice President of Human Resources and General Counsel|
|Statement:||The Board of Regents Code (Title 5, Chapter 8, Section 8) and the WNC Bylaws (4.2.4, 8.1, and 8.2) require that the college shall administer a procedure for the annual evaluation of the performance of all administrative faculty members. Administrative Faculty is defined in Title 4, Chapter 3, Section 2 (1-d) in the NSHE Board of Regents Handbook.|
Table of Contents:
- Approvals and Signatures
Section 1: Philosophy
- The administrative faculty believes that the evaluation process should be thorough, fair and objective.
- The administrative faculty believes that an accurate job description is an integral and necessary part of the evaluation process.
- The administrative faculty believes that the evaluation process should improve the overall operation of the institution and assist administrative faculty members in the growth and development of their professional abilities as well as identify areas of strength and areas that need improvement.
- The administrative faculty believes that an effective evaluation process is best accomplished as a collaborative effort between employee and supervisor.
- The administrative faculty believes that thoughtful input from the college community will enrich the evaluation process.
- The administrative faculty believes that to keep the process safe, honest and forthright, it must involve the participation of other administrators, including vice presidents and the president.
Section 2: Purpose
- Provide a process for communication between the faculty member and supervisor regarding goal achievement and performance of basic professional responsibilities;
- Provide a framework for mutual identification of professional growth and development needs and institutional resources needed to meet those needs;
- Provide information for personnel decisions;
- Provide a process for description and recognition of administrative faculty members performance;
- Provide a framework for mutual identification of administrative faculty members position description, responsibilities, and goals in relation to the Colleges mission and strategic plan.
Section 3: Procedure
- A position description and an Administrative Faculty Evaluation Form will be completed for each administrative faculty member. The evaluation period is from January 1 to December 31 of each year. More specific information can be obtained on the Position Description Guidelines and on the Instructions for Completing the Administrative Faculty Evaluation.
Section 4: Approvals and Signatures
- All sections of the Administrative Faculty Evaluation form and the Administrative Faculty Position Description will need to have all required signatures. Administrative Faculty Evaluations are considered advisory, until signed by the College President.
|Date(s) Revised||September 2, 2008; January 25, 2005; May 11, 2004;||Date(s) Reviewed|