Policy 4-4-3: Unauthorized Letters of Appointment
|Policy:||Policy 4-4-3: Unauthorized Letters of Appointment||Date Adopted:|
|Department:||Human Resources||Contact:||Vice President of Human Resources and General Counsel|
|Statement:||All letters of appointment must be approved by the WNC President or duly appointed designee.|
Section 1: Guidelines
- All offers of employment must:
- Be cleared with the appropriate Academic Director, Dean, and/or Vice President.
- Be offered only by the president or his duly appointed designee.
- No promise of an employment term or condition should be made that will not subsequently be stated in the professional employment contract.
- No one is authorized to promise continued employment.
- No one is authorized to make any promises concerning tenure.
|Date(s) Revised||June 20, 2013; September 2, 2008; May 11, 2004;||Date(s) Reviewed|
|NSHE Code(s)||NRS Code(s)||396||NAC Code(s)|
|Code Statement||NSHE memo from Donald Klasic, General Counsel to all NSHE Presidents|
*Please note: that not all WNC Policies will be referenced in these documents.
NSHE Board of Regents Handbook
Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS)
Nevada Administrative Code (NAC)