Policy 4-3-5: In-House Announcement of Classified Positions
|Policy:||Policy 4-3-5: In-House Announcement of Classified Positions||Date Adopted:||Jan 01, 1996|
|Department:||Human Resources||Contact:||Vice President of Human Resources and General Counsel|
|Statement:||It shall be the policy of WNC to announce all full-time and part-time (.50 FTE or more, grade 23 and above) permanent classified positions open at WNC in a prescribed manner. This policy is in addition to any requirements of posting required by State Personnel.|
Table of Contents:
- Announcement Methods
- Length of Announcement
- Policy Conflict
Section 1: Announcement Methods
- The following shall be the minimum announcement methods:
- WNC e-mail.
- WNC Job Opportunities web page (www.wnc.edu/jobs) and at other locations designated by the Human Resources Office.
Section 2: Announcement
- Each position announcement shall include the minimum information:
- Position title and grade.
- Position status, such as full-time, part-time, permanent, grant funded, non-layoff eligible, etc.
- FTE and/or number of hours per week.
- Hiring department.
- Closing date.
- Where to apply or get further information.
Section 3: Length of Announcement
- Each position shall be open for a minimum of fourteen (14) calendar days, if at all possible.
- The fourteen days will be from the date the announcement is placed on ccmail.
- Exceptions shall be noted in the announcement.
Section 4: Policy Conflict
- When the WNC recruitment policy is in conflict with State of Nevada recruitment policy, the State of Nevada policy will supersede the WNC policy.
|Date(s) Revised||September 2, 2008; May 11, 2004; October 1, 1998;||Date(s) Reviewed|