Policy 3-3-3: Individualized Course
|Policy:||Policy 3-3-3: Individualized Course||Date Adopted:||Jan 15, 1993|
|Department:||Academic & Student Affairs||Contact:||Academic Director|
|Statement:||Individualized instruction and/or independent study is available to students in certain program areas. A maximum of 6 credits may be applied toward a degree program. These credits are not transferable. Individualized course must have a student completion document in the college record system.|
Table of Contents:
- Enrollment Agreement
- Evaluation Report
Section 1: Enrollment Agreement
- When a student enrolls in an individualized course, the instructor responsible for evaluation must develop a written agreement with the student, specifying course objectives and activities to be completed.
- This agreement is to be filed with the appropriate academic director.
Section 2: Evaluation Report
- Upon completion of the course, the instructor responsible for the evaluation, must complete a written report specifying satisfactory completion of the obligation and activities in the student course agreement.
- This evaluation report is to filed with the appropriate academic director
- Upon completion of the individualized study, a standard grade sheet is to be completed and submitted to the admissions office.
|Date(s) Revised||September 2, 2008; May 11, 2004;||Date(s) Reviewed|