Policy 3-3-1: Cooperative Work Experience
|Policy:||Policy 3-3-1: Cooperative Work Experience||Date Adopted:|
|Statement:||Cooperative work experience (CWE) is available to students in certain program areas. A maximum of 6 credits may be applied toward a degree program as elective credits. These credits are not transferable to UNR and UNLV. Cooperative work experience courses must have a training agreement form with final rating scores in the college record system.|
Section 1: Procedures
- When a student enrolls in cooperative work experience, the cooperative work experience coordinator ensures the development of a training agreement for the student. The training agreement states competency based learning objectives. These objectives are developed with input from the work supervisor.
- This agreement is filed in the CWE coordinators office.
- Upon completion of the course the CWE coordinator ensures completion of the final rating of the competency based learning objectives as well as a final evaluation form addressing work attitudes and behaviors. These written reports specify satisfactory completion of the obligation and activities in the student training agreement.
- These reports are filed with the CWE coordinator.
- Upon completion of the CWE course, a grade sheet is submitted to the appropriate Academic Directors office.
- The grade sheet is forwarded to the admissions office.
|Date(s) Revised||September 2, 2008; May 11, 2005;||Date(s) Reviewed|