Policy 13-1-3: Phi Theta Kappa: Alpha Upsilon Beta and Beta Theta Iota Chapters
|Policy:||Policy 13-1-3: Phi Theta Kappa: Alpha Upsilon Beta and Beta Theta Iota Chapters||Date Adopted:|
|Department:||Associated Students of Western Nevada/Honors||Contact:||Faculty Advisor|
|Statement:||The formation of student groups on campus is encouraged, provided these groups serve a positive purpose and function.|
Table of Contents:
- Chapter Guideline Requirements
Section 1: Background
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Phi Theta Kappa is an international honor society for students enrolled in two-year colleges.
- Since 1918 it has become the largest and one of the most prestigious honor societies in higher education.
- WNC Chapters
- Alpha Upsilon Beta Chapter has been in existence since 1991.
- Beta Theta Iota Chapter was established on the Fallon Campus in 1998.
Section 2: Chapter Guideline Requirements
- Eligible students must complete at least 15 credit hours at WNC.
- Must have a 3.5 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Must be of U.S. Citizenship
- Must maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA for active students
- Letters of eligibility are sent to potential members at in September and February.
- Induction ceremonies take place in October and March.
- Current faculty serves as co-advisors
|Date(s) Revised||Sep 02, 2008;||Date(s) Reviewed|